Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Powdered Laundry Soap

I have recently started making my own household cleaners myself in order to save money and to save my family and I from the nasty toxic fumes. Let's get real ladies. A good "cheap" laundry soap is hard to find. Basically you get what you pay for, but I was determined to find a way to make a laundry soap that works great in my laundry and for very little cost. And that's what I did!

This laundry soap works VERY well. We have a little someone who has an accident from time to time. Needless to say, that was the first load I tested the newly made laundry soap on and to my surprise, no "pee" smell at all!

I recently made homemade fabric softener for literally pennies on the dollar. It was super easy to make and it works great!(I love a bargain!) Now I will show you how I make Homemade Laundry Soap. This recipe is very economical and all of the ingredients can be found at your local Walmart.




Homemade Powdered Laundry Soap (40 loads)




What you will need:






  • A hand grater or a food processor (I used the food processor)




  • A container with a lid to store your Laundry Soap in




  • A measuring cup




  • 1 Fels-naptha bar soap




  • 1 Cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda




  • 1/2 Cup Borax








  1. Grate the Fels-Naptha bar soap. I used my food processor to grate the soap first then I emptied it out and switched to the regular processor blade to get a powdered consistency.




  2. Mix the grated Fels-Naptha bar soap with the Borax and the Super Washing Soda.


That's all there is too it! See?? So simple! I love simplicity!



How to use:



Use 1 tablespoon for light loads or 2 tablespoons for dirtier loads.



I made a double batch. So instead of 40 loads I have an 80 load batch of powdered laundry soap.



**A 40 load batch will cost you about $2.00 to make.**



Give it a try and let me know how much you like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I surely will bookmark your blog.Have an awsome day!
Armstrong (ARM67-565) Parallel Jaws Lock Ring Pliers

SimmonsSoyCandles said...

Thanks, Laura! I'm glad you like it and thanks so much for visiting me! :)